Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for a way to separate out my different music libraries onto two separate iPods.

Hello all, I am looking for a way to separate out my distinctly different music libraries onto two separate iPods. My PC holds 54Gb pop/rock tracks and 23Gb Classical music ones, and I would like each genre to be only available on its own iPod, so one iPod for Classical, and one for non-Classical. Ideally the playlists would go with the appropriate music.

The PC is W10, the iPods are the Classic models.

What is the best way to achieve this, please?

Grateful for any insights.

Regards,

Peter

Posted on May 2, 2016 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:06 AM

Your library may already have a Classical playlist. (See Restore Original Smart Playlists if it doesn't.) You can extend the rules of the playlist, or edit the properties of tracks as required such that it contains all your classical music. You can then create a second playlist matching all the rules:

• Playlist is Music
  • Playlist is not Classical

and give it a suitable name, e.g. Non-Classical or Rock & Pop.

Set each device to sync with the relevant playlist.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 7:06 AM in response to chuns

Your library may already have a Classical playlist. (See Restore Original Smart Playlists if it doesn't.) You can extend the rules of the playlist, or edit the properties of tracks as required such that it contains all your classical music. You can then create a second playlist matching all the rules:

• Playlist is Music
  • Playlist is not Classical

and give it a suitable name, e.g. Non-Classical or Rock & Pop.

Set each device to sync with the relevant playlist.

tt2

Looking for a way to separate out my different music libraries onto two separate iPods.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.