Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud music library cannot be enabled - why does no-one else seem to complain about this and apple seem to have NO IDEA why it's doing it.

Hi,

I have an iPhone SE 64gb. EVERY time I try to activate iCloud music library on my phone it gets to a point in the 'loading library' stage and then freezes. It then wipes out ALL of the remaining storage on my phone (about 45gb) to the point that I get a low storage warning.......THEN I get the 'iCloud music library cannot be enabled message'. I click ok and all of my storage reappears.

Nobody seems to have this issue and apple are unable to help. I have a large music library but obviously this is a cloud based service and should not take up 45gb on my phone. I have tried to activate iCloud music library well over 50 times and I get the same problem. I have the problem on my iPad too.

Anyone????

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 2:38 AM

7 replies

Jul 8, 2017 9:17 PM in response to natefromguildford

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS10.3.2 and i am unable to turn on my icloud music library , and some people said that it can be enabled when you choose merge or replace , the problem is that my phone has no music so the "merge or replace" option never shows up . the tap on icloud account doesnt work too , ive already entered my password and ive already sign in and out multiple times . anyone have a solution ?

Jul 8, 2017 9:24 PM in response to bencong111

Hi

the only thing i can see here is simple , The user's main library is larger that her phones capacity and for that reason the user keeps getting this error message

1 probable solution could be

you could make a playlist instead of syncing your entire library via Icloud and have your iphone only sync songs from this playlist - that's how i do it

Hope this helped

iCloud music library cannot be enabled - why does no-one else seem to complain about this and apple seem to have NO IDEA why it's doing it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.