Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone SE - is it a bug ?

Hi,

There is something I don't understand with my new iPhone SE.

My iPhone SE is on Silent Mode. In the sound options, I have turned the "Vibrating On Silent" option to OFF. And when I plug it into USB for charging, this one is vibrating twice.

I compared with my previous one, an iPhone 4S, on silent mode and same option turned OFF. When I plug it in for charging, no vibration. Then if I turn the "Vibrating On Silent" option to ON, it is vibrating twice when I plug it in.

I compared with my girlfriend's one, an iPhone 6S, on silent mode and same option turned OFF. When I plug it in for charging, no vibration. Then if I turn the Vibrating On Silent option to ON, it is vibrating twice when I plug it in.

All the three iPhones are running IOS 9.3.1 .

Can someone tell me why this new iPhone SE is not acting like the two others please ?

I would like it not to vibrate when i plug it in for charging in silent mode.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 2, 2016 3:41 AM

13 replies

May 2, 2016 12:03 PM in response to oli from france

I read and participated in a thread with another poster shortly after the introduction of the SE. I do not see the behavior you describe on my 6s, but it seems the poster found the same behavior you describe on his SE. I cannot explain it, but that could be a question you could pose to Apple Support. Either call, or make a Genius Bar appointment to have it looked at.

May 2, 2016 2:16 PM in response to oli from france

Since the Apple Store is far you could try a system restore. That would install a clean iOS and would let you know if it is the system or not.

System Restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring from backup first and testing it. If it does not help, you may have to restore as New and reconfigure from scratch as the backup could be corrupted. For this reason it is important to have your photos and data saved separately from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

May 2, 2016 3:04 PM in response to oli from france

Since it is new, if it was me I would take it to an Apple Store. You said that the store is far. I don't know if your phone is defective or not but again if it was me and I did not want to go to the store, I would do the restore. The system could have gotten corrupted during the initial install - I had a phone that lasted one day, but then again, my Apple Store is 10 minutes away so I was able to take it there.

New iPhone SE - is it a bug ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.