Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1.2 preferences durations invisible

The values of the default durations for photos and transitions are not visible in iMovie preferences. It seems that the numbers entered are in black on a black background ⚠ since it is possible to change them but the value is only visible immediately after changing it when it has a temporary blue background.

If others confirm this I will send a bug report to Apple.

Geoff.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 8:22 AM

Hello Geoff, for me they are fine:

User uploaded file

in iMovie 10.1.2.

léonie

8 replies

May 2, 2016 11:11 AM in response to léonie

Now I know why you have so many points - and I have to humbly give you 10 more.

The chicken didn't work (and it took a long time to clear up the mess 👿) but the cause was 'Increase contrast' being set in Accessibility settings.

Rather ironic since it does the exact opposite so can realy be considered a bug after all.

Thanks,

Geoff.

May 2, 2016 11:16 AM in response to GeeD

You're welcome, Geoff. I'll take the chicken back, I may need it myself.

Ironically, I just managed to make the duration times invisible as well 😁

User uploaded file

There is definitely an issue with these two textfields.

It happens, whenever I try to set the photo duration to a very short value, less than the duration of the transitions, which cannot work anyway, but then the Photo duration number or transitions number will go completely black, alternately.

May 2, 2016 11:49 AM in response to Rich839

My number in the Preference window were also black on black as well. I say "were" because I switched back to the previous version of 10.1.1. I could not stand the way they changed selecting a piece of a clip by requiring the user to hold down the "R" key. This disrupted my workflow too much. It was a very bad decision to change this most basic of functions.

iMovie 10.1.2 preferences durations invisible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.