Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an ipod classic that I cannot sync with my windows 7 computer.

I have an ipod classic that I canot sync with my windows 7 or 10 computer. How do i do this?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 10:13 AM

You need to have iTunes installed, and use iTunes to sync media to the iPod. You can get the latest version of iTunes here

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

If you already have iTunes...

I have an ipod classic that I canot sync with my windows 7 or 10 computer.

Does this mean you cannot sync because your iPod does not appear in iTunes? Or does this mean your iPod does appear in iTunes, but it does not sync for some reason?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 10:13 AM in response to bdonow

You need to have iTunes installed, and use iTunes to sync media to the iPod. You can get the latest version of iTunes here

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

If you already have iTunes...

I have an ipod classic that I canot sync with my windows 7 or 10 computer.

Does this mean you cannot sync because your iPod does not appear in iTunes? Or does this mean your iPod does appear in iTunes, but it does not sync for some reason?

May 2, 2016 4:09 PM in response to bdonow

To rule out a faulty USB docking cable, try using a difference cable (if you have one), OR use your current cable with another Apple device to confirm it works.

When the ipod is connected, itunes does not recognize it. These is nothing to sync when the request is made.

That's still a bit unclear. Are you saying the iPod does not appear in iTunes? OR since you can "make a request" to sync, does that mean it does appear in iTunes, but nothing syncs when you try?

IF the iPod appears in iTunes (but does not sync anything when you try), what you need to do is completely different; ignore the rest of this message. Please post back with any additional details...

IF you are saying the iPod does not appear in iTunes at all...

Itunes has been installed for years.

Update to the latest version of iTunes, if you have not already. As a test, shut down (power pff) your computer and disconnect all USB devices. You can leave standard USB keyboard/mouse connected, if used. If your computer is a laptop, connect its power adapter so that it's not running on battery power. Do this to Reset (restart) the iPod

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Start up computer, run iTunes, and connect iPod to a direct USB port on the computer, by itself. Is there any difference? You can also try connecting the iPod after putting it in Disk Mode

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

In Disk Mode, if iTunes picks it up, iTunes may prompt you to do a Restore. The Restore erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings.

I have an ipod classic that I cannot sync with my windows 7 computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.