Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change the RAID from FAST to SAFE on a new LaCie 2big thunderbolt 2 series. I have a Lacie pin tool in the box but it does nothing next to the selected options and lights. Thanks.

I have just purchased a new MacBook Pro and a new LaCie 2big thunderbolt 2 series RAID hard drive, to use for Time Machine backup.

The LaCie drive is supplied as a FAST RAID setting, I would like to change it to SAFE so my back up is mirrored. I've opened the silver case, can see select, then the raid options and the light is on FAST, plus the other RAID options below, followed by CONFIRM.

I have the lacie tool in the box, pin like, but it does nothing. Nothing happens however hard I put it in select, I've tried a paper clip too. Nothing happens.

Also nothing on youtube, nothing on Lacie's website, nothing of anyone actually changing on the drive. Nothing in the instructions.

Right pain. Any ideas? Thank you.

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:12 AM

Contact Lacie/go to their support site. It is their hardware.

4 replies

May 2, 2016 7:14 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks I got through to someone in support who sent me a link for instructions. Turns out you have to turn the drive off, hold down the select button, turn it back on, let it flash then as it toggles through the selections confirm which one you wanted. I didn't know about the turn it off then boot it up.

But here's a useful link; http://manuals.lacie.com/en/manuals/2big-tbt2/raid

How do you change the RAID from FAST to SAFE on a new LaCie 2big thunderbolt 2 series. I have a Lacie pin tool in the box but it does nothing next to the selected options and lights. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.