Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling all effects on tracks

Hello. I am recording Vocals to a beat in GB 10. I need then to export the tracks out to be mixed in another DAW. I just want to be sure that I am disabling all the effects so I can get nice dry trackouts to the mix engineer. I've opened the smart controls on every track and disabled everything there (including the master track) How do I know if there are any limiters or anything like that still on though?

GarageBand 10

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:17 AM

Have you disabled the "Auto Normalize" in the GarageBand Preferences > Advanced as well?

Compare the results for exporting with auto normalize to the results without. it can change the dynamics of your recordings.

3 replies

May 3, 2016 12:01 AM in response to TheMTtakeover

If you just want to export the dry audio files, you could simply copy them out of the project .band package.

Select your project in the GarageBand folder or wherever you are storing it, Ctrl-click your project, then select "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu that will pop up.

In the Finder window that will open, select the "Media" folder, then open "Audio Files". Your dry recordings should be there. Copy them out.

User uploaded file

Disabling all effects on tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.