Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font Problem

Hi, I have a font problem, with a font from daft, its a .ttf version and I have previously had no problems with it, but now its not appearing

in illustrator/photoshop or anything.

It appears in the applications font selection list, but when I try to use it, the cursor moves across as if its being typed, but does not appear.

I install my fonts by opening with Font Book and installing.

thanks

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:24 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2016 2:08 PM in response to ScoffSheff

Please back up all data before proceeding.

Launch the Font Book application and validate all fonts. You must select the fonts in order to validate them. See the built-in help and this support article for instructions. If Font Book finds any issues, resolve them.

Start up in safe mode to rebuild the font caches. Restart as usual and test.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

If you still have problems, then from the Font Book menu bar, select

FileRestore Standard Fonts...

You'll be prompted to confirm, and then to enter your administrator login password.

Also note that if you deactivate or remove any built-in fonts, for instance by using a third-party font manager, the system may become unstable.

May 3, 2016 8:49 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hey Linc Davis, this totally sorted the problem out mate, my fonts had A LOT of bad fonts hiding.

The font itself that I originally had probs with does come up with 2 minor probs (see image attached)

but works fine now. Its very important that this font worked on my mac, so I installed anyway and it is fine, so far.

thank you for your help.

User uploaded file

Font Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.