Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes playing albums backwards

A couple of weeks ago, all of a sudden, my tracks started playing in a backwards order. When I play the first song of an album, itunes somehow identifies it as the last song, and after that song is over, playback ends. If i start playing the second song, and I press the 'next' button, it goes to the first song and the playback ends after that song. If I'm in the artist view, and i have multiple albums of that artist, after the first song of an album, playback continues on to the last song of the next album.

How can i fix this??? I'm running itunes 12.2.2 in a Mac OS X Lion

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:07 AM

Switch to the Songs view and make sure you are using an ascending sort order. You will find a small triangle at the top of the current sort column. Click this to reverse the sort order. You should find playback now works correctly too.

tt2

5 replies

Dec 10, 2016 1:07 AM in response to yoyeras

It seems like some update changed the order that iTunes plays an album if your 'view options' are set as 'decreasing'. If so, iTunes will oddly play the albums backwards. For me it does not make any sense, since view and playback options should be separated. I think this way because I would like to see the albums by year and by decreasing order, but to keep the album's original playback order, like any CD player would do. Anyway, to finally answer your question, you just have to set you 'view options' to 'ascending'.

itunes playing albums backwards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.