Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot security question

I forgot my security question and when i go to apple id it does not give m the option to rest my questions. i live in Guyana South America where we speak english and all the apple support in this region don't . how do i change my security question?

apple id security question

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:55 AM

You can reset your Apple ID security questions when you follow these steps.

Security questions help Apple verify that you're the person requesting access to your account. Use the steps below to see if you can reset your security questions using your rescue email address. If you don't have a rescue email address on file with your Apple ID, contact Apple Support.

Reset your security questions

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Change Questions.
  3. When you're asked to answer your security questions, click "Reset your security questions." We'll email you at your rescue email address. If you don't see "Reset your security questions," you don't have a rescue email address and you need to call us for help.User uploaded file
  4. Follow the steps in the email to set up new questions and answers. Didn't get the email?

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

You can also secure your account with two-factor authentication when it's available for your Apple ID.

If you can't reset your security questions

If you can't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, call us for help. When you call, you might need to create a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you temporarily can't access your account. You can try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 5:55 AM in response to kiniki762

You can reset your Apple ID security questions when you follow these steps.

Security questions help Apple verify that you're the person requesting access to your account. Use the steps below to see if you can reset your security questions using your rescue email address. If you don't have a rescue email address on file with your Apple ID, contact Apple Support.

Reset your security questions

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Change Questions.
  3. When you're asked to answer your security questions, click "Reset your security questions." We'll email you at your rescue email address. If you don't see "Reset your security questions," you don't have a rescue email address and you need to call us for help.User uploaded file
  4. Follow the steps in the email to set up new questions and answers. Didn't get the email?

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

You can also secure your account with two-factor authentication when it's available for your Apple ID.

If you can't reset your security questions

If you can't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, call us for help. When you call, you might need to create a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you temporarily can't access your account. You can try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

May 2, 2016 7:15 AM in response to charlesfromlachine

i tried these steps already but-

1- i don't have a rescue email - it ask for my security question to set up -

2- apple support in this region is brazil (i don't speak or read portuguese) or mexico (i don't speak or read spanish)

3 - when i click "Reset your security questions." i do not get the line at the bottom to reset my security question.

4- can't set up two-step verification cause it ask or my security question.

forgot security question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.