Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I no longer "Bounce" projects from Logic to iTunes?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 6:29 AM

9 replies

May 2, 2016 8:50 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

New crystal ball, Edgar? Seems to work betrter than mine. I do hope this is the answer though - the OP used his right to remain silent, and I dread having to ask about system configurations and User accounts and soft- and hardware diagnostics and repairs, just to name some other possible troubles that might be causing this.

The fact that iTunes can't play CAF is sort of ridiculous/idiotic/preposterous/laughable/incomprehensible/unfathomably odd/flabbergasting/flummoxing/silly and weird. It's not as if there's a licencing issue...

May 2, 2016 11:00 PM in response to Christopher Pratt

This does require an obscure understanding of what is going on and can be confusing.

When you bounce - The check boxes identify what in fact you want to bounce. So these will in fact bounce. However the blue line(rectangle) you place over each possible bounce alternative to select the setting and data controlling the various features associated with that particular bounce and is independent of the selection

So if you have mp3 checked and your blue box is on PCM - Those setting will be grey'd and not work because you have MP3 settings checked. To see those setting move the blue box down to the MP3 portion. Now when the check box is marked the that file File type will be greated. However if you are on another file time (not checked) it will provide confusing information. So the rule is after you select the box for the type of output file, make sure you then highlight in blue to set the specific attributes including sharing to iTunes - otherwise it will be grey'd out. Whatever is check - move the blue cursor too in order to change or modify parameters.

As an example the scree shot below will not work as you are creating an MP3 ( it is checked) but you are viewing the parameters for a PCM bounce. You need to view the parameters of the MP3 bounce my moving the blue highlight to MP3 and select iTunes in the parameters of the actual bounce you are executing.

Hence iTunes is greyed out...

Hope that helps

User uploaded file

May 3, 2016 12:30 AM in response to Christopher Pratt

Christopher, the problem was that you didn't provide any information whatsoever, and left it to us to "guesstimate" what was going on. If you had just posted a screenshot of your bounce dialog, that would have helped a lot. As it is, Edgar and Indyuna made some guesses, and apparently that was what the problem was. With cmd-shift-4 you can lassoe a screenshot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.