Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi signal keeps going off on my iPad and iPhone. The signal works on all other devices

tthe wifi on my iPhone and iPad keeps going down yet the signal works all on all other devices

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:23 AM

4 replies

May 2, 2016 6:50 AM in response to ryjach

Below are some general suggestions for Wi-Fi issues. I suggest starting from the top and working down, maybe they will help....

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Restore the Device (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

User Tip: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9892

May 2, 2016 7:37 AM in response to elcpu

I'm having the same problem as ryjach. My iPhone on my network connects right away, but the iPad Pro on the same iOS version, 9.3.1, will have trouble connecting, and then it randomly disconnects. I did all the steps elcpu recommended except rebooting the modem since it is obviously not a modem issue sinc my iPhone and both Macs connect just fine. I think it is an iPad pro issue. Have there been other iPad pro complaints about wi-fi connections on 9.3.1?

The iPad recognizes the wi-fi network and show a strong signal strength, but will not connect. This happened years ago with another iPad version, and a software update was required to fix it.

My wifi signal keeps going off on my iPad and iPhone. The signal works on all other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.