Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X function keys in Windows 10 doesn't work and Keyboard bootcamp driver install error

So main problem is that my keyboard in windows 10 just functions as a standard keyboard and f1, f2... keys. function keys dont work (brightness, volume, music controls,..)

There were no problems encountered during the making of the bootable drive for windows 10 and bootcamp drivers.

So, windows installation went smooth although when I reach the bootcamp driver installs I noticed whenever it comes to the keyboard driver install it gives me an error (I have done the process of creating the bootable drive multiple times already such as using the latest windows 10 iso because the first one i used was the initial windows 10 iso and installing windows again and again but nothing new same cause and same error)

User uploaded file

Even though i get the error my laptop restarts and boots normally everything seems to work fine except the keyboard. Although, I can use the keyboard, it acts like a standard keyboard but my function keys such as brightness, backlight, music control, etc. doesnt work is it should rather it acts like normal f1, f2 ,f3 etc. keys(although i am not sure if there are other keys that does not work is they should).

Im really used to using those function keys so its quite irritating for me not being able to use those controls.

First, i have tried going to bootcamp control panel and messing around with the keyboard tab options and restarting.

So, ive tried manually installing the keyboard driver again in the bootcamp folder but it just says its up to date and no update needed or something.

then I went to apple software update and tried updating the apple input device update then I just get the same error as before the same bluescreen with the error (KeyMagic.sys)

User uploaded file

Ive tried searching for similar cases and their solves but no success.

And right now I dont know what to do.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:33 AM

2 replies

OS X function keys in Windows 10 doesn't work and Keyboard bootcamp driver install error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.