Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove invitation number in calendar in the dock

I don't use Calendar but I received an invitation that I accepted. When I did it put a "1" in the upper right corner of Calendar in my dock. After the date had passed, I deleted the event thinking the number "1" would just go away. It's still there and I can't find out how to get rid of it.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 6:47 AM

Launch Notifications.

Select Calendar.

Uncheck the box beside "Badge app icon".

User uploaded file

4 replies

May 2, 2016 6:54 PM in response to expc75

As it turns out the Badge "1" that wouldn't go away on the icon for Calendar in my dock would come back when I re-enabled "Badge app icon" in the notification center even after I deleted the event. The "1" indicates the number of times you are notified about an event. After a bunch of trial and error I noticed an icon that looked like and inbox tray with an arrow to the right of the "+" sign on the left side of Calendar's tool bar. I clicked that and the information about the event I deleted popped up. I closed that out and the number "1" went away.

Can't remove invitation number in calendar in the dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.