Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching for Old Mac OS Screen Saver

On my older Mac I had a screen saver that came with the computer that displayed my photos in a fun way. If I remember correctly, it would simulate individual photos dropping onto the screen. Over time, the screen would be filled with photos on top of each other. What we liked was that you could see a lot of pictures at the same time. The floating windows version that is on El Capitan is nice, but once a picture passes by, you may not see it again for long time. Curious if there is a way to hunt that old screen saver down and install it.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 4 GHz i7 64 GB Ram Radeon 395X

Posted on May 2, 2016 6:55 AM

5 replies

May 2, 2016 9:47 AM in response to jjtrindc

The one I remember that built "house of cards" and other shapes from falling photos was called MovingPhoto3D but it was not an Apple utiltiy. It is still installed on my iMac that shipped with 10.6.8 but will not run under 10.10 or 10.11. An newer version shows up in the Mac App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/movingphotos3d/id411841996?mt=12

It's free so certainly worth a try.

Searching for Old Mac OS Screen Saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.