Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Messaging

My phone does not recieve group messaging no matter what I do in my settings. It is on in my settings and I've tried turning it off and on but it continues to not work. Any ideas??

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:32 AM

3 replies

May 2, 2016 12:29 PM in response to calebfromuniontown

Thank you for the answers

It would almost seem that there is an issue with the text messaging "package" that you have with your carrier

I would call their tech support and request for someone specifically to look at your account provisioning on their end - we had another user where the carrier had failed to set up text messaging on their account

While you are at it - pick two iPhone wielding individuals from your contacts and try to text them in a group to see if a group message to just iPhone users is working - if yes - then it would point to my theory above - if you run into issues with that as well then we may be looking at a full restore to iron out the glitches

Please let us know

Group Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.