Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers rounding up to a price point

Numbers 3.6.1 question: I need help with a formula to round up our price results to xx.95. Where every product is priced with .95. I've tried roundup and ceiling and cannot figure this out. Many thanks!

MacBook Pro 17 and many office minis, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 2, 2016 6:52 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2016 7:00 AM in response to Bill McGowan

Bill,

Here is a simple solution that has one hole (in my opinion):

User uploaded file

column A contains the current prices and B contains the "corrected" values. Starting with row 8, you can see that the prices are reduced by this method. Is that your intention? Can you share what you want the rule to be for input prices between x.95 and x.99?

the formula is:

=INT(A1)+0.95

B1=INT(A1)+0.95

this is shorthand for... select cell B1, then type (tor copy and paste from here) the formula:

=INT(A1)+0.95

now select cell B1, copy

select cells B1 thru the end of column B, paste

May 2, 2016 7:13 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Wayne - I can live with the "hole" where some instances the prices would be reduced to .95. I think overall most of our products are under the .95 price point so many more products would be increased as opposed to those few that would be decreased by up to .04 cents. I tried your suggestion: "=INT(A1)+0.95" and it worked perfectly. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!

Numbers rounding up to a price point

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.