Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to password protect the VPN Toggles

Im seeking to put a lock code on the VPN toggles as a means of Internet security. So far, using a VPN internet filter has been the best method of filtering **** sites because the restriction setting in iOS is either

1) too broad - the setting filters out too many sites that arn't "bad" by my standards and makes Internet use a hassle or

2) not broad enough and ineffective - if I have to enter in every single web address I wish to block by hand, I will never be able to get all of them.

OpenDNS Umbrella VPN is cheap ($20 A YEAR!), relatively fast, stays connected most of the time, and is effective. The only problem is, as many others have said, Apple provides no way of securing the VPN settings.

Jailbreaking would provide tweaks to do so, but I don't want to go down that route (Although I feel Apple encourages this course of action).

I've looked into other methods, like Ciscos new Maraki Mobile Device Management. As a professional IT Tech. tool, this may be the best option, but it's not always straight forward for a semi-novice networking guy like myself to understand.

Basically, I believe Apple needs to work on its device policy settings. They need to develop a control system that is easy to use and user friendly. Families and small businesses alike are ever needing comprehensive device management tools for all levels of mobile devices; from network access, app access, app tracking, ext.

I want to control and monitor my families usage closely, there is so much dangerous content out there, and new ways of hiding profane and damaging activity pops up too quickly for one individual to find ways to control-we need tools to help us.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:33 AM

3 replies

May 6, 2016 3:46 AM in response to DavidOpdyke

Thank you for the suggestion!

DavidOpdyke wrote:

You could accomplish this with Configurator and a VPN profile. The VPN profile does not show all of the settings/passwords, and you can lock it in so that it can't be deleted. Configurator is fairly easy to use, and it's a First Party Apple software package.

I believe I'll need a Mac Computer to set up Configurator, yes?

I want to password protect the VPN Toggles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.