Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing doesn't work on El Capitan?

So, I'm having problems with trying to print some documents off of my late-11 mbp of the hp deskjet 2130. Anyone else having same problems with the same or any other printer? I'm atm on 10.11.4, and using usb to try to print. Atleast used to work on my HP laptop atleast.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), MacBookPro8,2

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:09 AM

7 replies

May 2, 2016 11:14 AM in response to ManSinha

Nope, it when I keep the queue open, I press the "print" button, the document shows up to the queue list, and jumps straight from 0 to 100, sometimes to 81 and there to 100, and just goes away from the list, and nothing is getting printed. There should still be ink in the machine too, since it hasn't been used much and it's fairly recently bought.

May 3, 2016 1:22 AM in response to Johnb-one

I have this happen to me also. I have a Brother Multi Function Printer, and every time they have replaced my logic board, my printer goes offline. After several attempts and repeating the steps and finally powering down the iMac 21.5 (late 2013) for 12 hours, the printer came back online by itself. Now it has happened again, and no matter what I try, nothing works to get it back talking to my iMac. I am connecting wirelessly, and the printer is talking to the modem, but the print queue looks like it's printing, but the printer never starts. I tried what you suggested, but I never saw "reset printing system" anywhere after following each of your steps. After I click on the plus sign, a blank page comes up to the right of the original screen. I know that is where my Brother printer should appear and doesn't. Can you suggest exactly where the "reset printing system" would appear? What part of the screen? My vision isn't great, and sometimes I miss things more obvious to normal sighted individuals. I appreciate any help you can offer. Brother says it's Apple's problem. Apple Support says it's Brother's problem. I am using OS X El Capitan 10.11.4. Printer worked fine until the logic board got replaced.

May 3, 2016 1:32 AM in response to Johnb-one

Hi Johnb-one, I saw that you also have Airport Express. I purchased Airport Express last month from the Apple online store. I have no idea which generation it is. At my other home, I had an active wireless router and modem, and I had problems with the Airport Express causing interference. At my current residence I have the option to turn off wireless on my wireless router and modem. Is this the solution to that problem? Will I still have wireless connectivity to my iMac and Brother wireless printer, if I am using the Airport Express for my wireless connection to the iMac and Brother printer? Sorry to be so dumb, but I really was sold the Airport Express as a booster to my current wireless connection, but it only messed with it, not boosted it. Thanks for any suggestions you may offer. RRR 😉

May 3, 2016 6:08 AM in response to RebekkahRoseRyan

Okay,. "RRR", this is how I was told to do it, and this is what works for me. IF you have a wireless modem, turn off the wireless part (I think it's called Bridge Mode), then connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the router. Then using Airport software, see if you can extend your wireless network on your airport express. when you plug in the airport express, it should show up in that software, then clicking on it twice will open up the box that allows you to create or extend a wireless network. mind you, I tried to do this with Yosemite and it didn't work (Yosemite messed up my wifi), but on upgrading to El Capitan it worked. there's also a free app for your iPhone that works for this. Also if you click on your wifi network icon at the top of your screen of your mac

your airport express may show up and you can configure it that way. I tried to use a d-link back when I had Yosemite, but I got too frustrated, sold it, and bought an Airport express (3rd/4th generation, the 802.11n one) for $50 to go with my airport time capsule and bam !! wireless extended. I think the hardest part was using a paperclip and resetting the airport express, and waiting for the front light to go from yellow to green, but it did and it showed up, and it was all relatively painless. Also if you can, either change the channel on the Airport express, or set up a 5Ghz wireless network as 2.4 Ghz networks may be a little more prone to interference, but necessary....

good luck to you

John B

Printing doesn't work on El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.