Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud on all devices shows usage, but its empty

all devices in setting/icloud shows i have a backup and saved items when i log into icloud shows empty

whats the issue here?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:15 AM

8 replies

May 2, 2016 10:05 PM in response to gail from maine

ok let me start from ground zero, when you go to icloud on the website or app

User uploaded file

everything meaning all the options. So icloud as you well know has a list of services. (photos mail calendar idrive notes etc etc) these in my account are all empty with nothing in them at all. so you click on it and there is zero items to choose from

User uploaded file

I've used a PC and a MAC and logged into the icloud app, which shows me out of my free 5GB icloud I'm using 4.4GB and its all backups

meaning it shows a big long yellow bar saying I'm using 4.4GB of my free 5GB on backups

User uploaded file

when you click on storage in the app, i see 2 items on the left mail and backup. supposedly these are were i can find the 4.4GB of my data. those are empty, nothing in them, zero items

User uploaded file

were i should normally see items i can use restore or delete

May 2, 2016 10:12 PM in response to tjackal

Are you signed into the same iCloud account on your computer as the one you are signing into iCloud.com? Have you tried signing out of iCloud on your computer and back in again? Have you tried going to your devices that you are backing up and going to Settings>iCloud>Storage>Manage Storage to see if your backups show up on the device?

The reason I couldn't tell what you were describing is because there was no segue between looking at the Storage used on iCloud.com, and going to Manage Storage under iCloud on your computer. You provided no indication that you were looking at information in two different places. We cannot see your computer, so when you write a question, it is critical that you supply the relevant information.

Cheers,

GB

May 3, 2016 9:57 AM in response to tjackal

On the devices, you wouldn't see anything except the list of items that can be backed up, and the last backup date:

User uploaded file

Does it show a last backup date for your devices? If so, then try signing out of iCloud on your computer and then signing in again to see if you can see your backup info.

You can also try manually backing up one of your devices to see if that helps: Settings>iCloud>Backup, Back Up Now.

Cheers,

GB

icloud on all devices shows usage, but its empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.