Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo App - importing multiple iphoto libraries and dropbox

I don't even know where to start with this - this is the most confusing process.

How would one go about making sure there is one library - should I just import photos into PHOTOS or into iPhoto? I have some everywhere and it is very confusing on how I should best consolidate into 1 library (including dropbox). Will they overwrite duplicates?

Posted on May 2, 2016 7:55 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 8:30 AM in response to odiedoodaday1

Sorry but we can not see you so need details

a few comments - you do not ever import a library - you open libraries and migrate them

If you have multiple iPhoto libraries you will have multiple Photos libraries - neither program can merge libraries

With iPhoto librariesiPhotoLibrary Manager can merge libraries and with Photos PowerPhotos can merge either the current photo or the original photo - both can eliminate duplicates

If you are using iCloud Photo library you can upload each library to ICPL which will merge them and eliminate duplicates

You can use DropBox to transfer photos between devices - you can not have your iPhoto or Photos library on DropBox

Maybe these guesses will help - but to get answers rather than guesses you need to provide us with information

LN

Photo App - importing multiple iphoto libraries and dropbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.