Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5c keeps losing pairing with my brand new Nissan Juke

My iPhone 5c keeps losing pairing with my new Nissan Juke. I have tried deleting if from the car and the phone and repairing. It works for a couple of days then it comes up with pairing failed on the car screen. I then have to go through the whole process again to get it to work. Can anyone help?

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 2:24 PM

Howdy Kevin,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, there's an issue with your iPhone 5c not connecting to your car stereo after using it for a few days. The article linked below provides a lot of great information and some general troubleshooting tips that may be able to help you resolve this issue.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

So long.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2016 2:24 PM in response to Kevinplod

Howdy Kevin,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, there's an issue with your iPhone 5c not connecting to your car stereo after using it for a few days. The article linked below provides a lot of great information and some general troubleshooting tips that may be able to help you resolve this issue.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

So long.

May 3, 2016 2:29 PM in response to Jason L

HI Jason,

thanks for your post. I have to admit I have tried most of what you have suggested. The real mystery is why everything is ok for several days and then for no apparent reason it comes up with 'Pairing Failed' and the only way to get the phone to pair with the car is to delete it from both the car and the phone and start from the beginning pairing the device. Then it works again for several days. cheers Kevinplod

My iPhone 5c keeps losing pairing with my brand new Nissan Juke

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.