Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if find my iphone is off on the phone will i ever be able to disbable the lost phone?

i lost my phone and fine my i phone is turned off. When i go into icloud to erase the phone it says when the phone is connected to wifi it will be erased. how true is that? is it because find my iphone is turned off that it thinks the phone is out of a network area? will the phone ever be able to be disabled with find my iphone turned off in the settings?

iMac

Posted on May 2, 2016 8:09 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2016 9:24 AM in response to lindsay259

This should explain what happens:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Note the section:

What if your iOS device is off or offline?

If your missing device is off or offline, you can still put it in Lost Mode, lock it, or remotely erase it. The next time your device is online, these actions will take effect. If you remove the device from your account while it's offline, any pending actions for the device will be cancelled.

if find my iphone is off on the phone will i ever be able to disbable the lost phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.