Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s won't turn on after hours charging

Hello apple community, I hope someone can clarify this matter to me!

So my iphone 5s golden 16Gb (iOS 9.3.1) is 18 months old and worked perfectly until 2 months ago when it would go dead and wouldn't turn on unless I heat its back with a hair dryer.

The first time it went dead, I kept it plugged for over 12 hours on charge with no response, then I found out in a forum that I should heat it with a hair dryer. i did it and it worked, after a minute of heat, apple logo finally appeared. I did this in 3 different occasions where the battery went completely drained and it worked!

However the battery went dead again yesterday and I heat its back 3 times. On the 3rd time, iphone finally turned on but the battery level kept 1% and it didnt go up even charging, while setting up the alarm, the phone again went dead and nothing happened since then (it's been 18 hours without my phone). Do you guys think it's time to replace the battery? IS THERE ANYTHING I can do to make it work again, I promise I won't let it drained again! Just wanna make sure that it's the battery because I will replace it myself, don't have enough money to take it to repair.

Posted on May 2, 2016 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 9:53 AM

It does appear as if the battery may be going bad - you can take it into Apple - the diagnostic is free - the charge is for the repair - so at least you will know if your suspicions are correct or if there is some other issue

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

Also as you know - if you open the phone - you void your rights to service from Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 9:53 AM in response to estou100

It does appear as if the battery may be going bad - you can take it into Apple - the diagnostic is free - the charge is for the repair - so at least you will know if your suspicions are correct or if there is some other issue

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

Also as you know - if you open the phone - you void your rights to service from Apple

iphone 5s won't turn on after hours charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.