Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot BUY iPhoto Book - Error Message ‘Incomplete Book‘. Problem with Theme 'Photo Essay' ?

Using iPhoto ’11 on Mac OS X

Problem - Cannot BUY iPhoto Book

Error Message - ‘Incomplete Book‘ .. frames on one or more pages do not contain photos’

WORKFLOW

Choose Theme - ‘Photo Essay’ / Hardcover / Large

Create Layout - Standard 20 pages of Photos and Text

TEST Version 1 - Export PDF OK - Preview OK - BUY OK

Create Duplicate - Save to Version 2 - Yellow Warning Triangles appear on All pages ! !

TEST Version 2 - Export PDF OK - Preview OK - BUY FAIL - same Error

Create Duplicate - Save to Version 3 - Reload Photos/Text/Background on All pages until every Yellow Warning Triangle disappears

TEST Version 3 - Export PDF OK - Preview OK - BUY still FAILS - same Error

Create Duplicate - Save to Version 4 - All looks good - No Yellow Warning Triangles

TEST Version 4 - Export PDF OK - Preview OK - BUY still FAILS - same Error

TEST Version 1 again - Export PDF OK - Preview OK - Buy Still OK

Search and read relevant Help Files, Apple Support, Chat Forums and try suggestions - many people have struggled with similar problems.

Eventually Repair and then Rebuild iPhoto Library - all looks fine.

TEST Version 1 again - BUY still OK. ALL other Versions - BUY still FAILS

Create Duplicate - Save to Version 5 - Try Changing Theme to ‘Picture Book’

TEST Version 5 - Export PDF OK - Preview OK - BUY OK Now ! !

BUT - All Layouts completely scrambled and useless

‘Photo Essay’ is the only Theme that works well for this Album

Version 1 not usable because all Photos/Text/Layouts are now improved

2 Days wasted trying to buy an iPhoto Book from Apple ...

At least I do have a good PDF of Version 4 which I can take to the local Print Shop

IS IT JUST A BUG? - IS THERE A WORKAROUND ? - IS THE NEW ‘PHOTOS’ APP ANY BETTER ?

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 2, 2016 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 10:39 AM

You can no longer purchase photos books with iPHoto (or APerture) - Apple discontinued that service 3/31/2016

You either have to use Photos or a third party - PrestoPhotos states that they can print them and there are mostly positive comments about the results in the Aperture forum - I have not personally used them

And the error you are getting is not false - you do have one or more photos missing from your book - usually a full page background photos covered by another photo so you do not notice it

and You do not tell how you are previewing but this is the recommended way - Preview a print project in Photos or iPhoto to avoid issues - Apple Support

LN

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 10:39 AM in response to joolswhitehead

You can no longer purchase photos books with iPHoto (or APerture) - Apple discontinued that service 3/31/2016

You either have to use Photos or a third party - PrestoPhotos states that they can print them and there are mostly positive comments about the results in the Aperture forum - I have not personally used them

And the error you are getting is not false - you do have one or more photos missing from your book - usually a full page background photos covered by another photo so you do not notice it

and You do not tell how you are previewing but this is the recommended way - Preview a print project in Photos or iPhoto to avoid issues - Apple Support

LN

May 3, 2016 11:51 AM in response to joolswhitehead

Hi H&J!

This is Meghan from PrestoPhoto. Definitely let us know if we can help with anything along the way! 🙂 As long as you follow this screenshot to export your PDF, it should work like a dream when uploading to our site (complete dust jacket and all): https://www.prestophoto.com/products/images/iphoto-saveaspdf.jpg

I hope this helps!

-Meghan

*I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.*

Cannot BUY iPhoto Book - Error Message ‘Incomplete Book‘. Problem with Theme 'Photo Essay' ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.