Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting quotes send to me as pdf's but instead of a pdf icon the attachment opens in the body of the email...blurry and can't enlarge. Senders claim they are sending as pdf's. Any body know why this is happening?

Lately I keep getting pdf attachments opening in the body of emails sent to me by senders who claim they are sending as pdfs but they can't be enlarged and the font is small and sometimes blurry. Any idea what is happening?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), now running 10.9.5

Posted on May 2, 2016 9:53 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 11:39 AM in response to askingmac

Be careful of this type of email. Many of that type of email and attachment are trying to infect your system. Do not open any of these unless you know who they are from and that you are expecting an "invoice" from them. Some of these hacks will hack you or your friends address book and spoof the message sent so that it appears to be from a friend. If you had opened these on a MS Windows system you would likely have been infected.

I keep getting quotes send to me as pdf's but instead of a pdf icon the attachment opens in the body of the email...blurry and can't enlarge. Senders claim they are sending as pdf's. Any body know why this is happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.