Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Messages application when sending a picture via text there are square areas of the picture that have 'eyes' . What are these areas, are the areas just sections that did not get 'processed'? Thanks for any answers.

Using Messages application when sending a picture via text there are square areas of the picture that have 'eyes' . What are these areas, are the areas just sections that did not get 'processed'? Thanks for any answers.

User uploaded file

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2.7Ghz Intel core i7 750gb hd

Posted on May 2, 2016 10:30 AM

3 replies

May 2, 2016 1:54 PM in response to desertdweller

Hi,

Nothing in your picture tells me that it is actually from Messages or refers to an iMessages chat.

Mine if I attempt to Send a Pic will display it In line using Google (or AIM) but not deliver it. or when I send it in a Folder it will zip it or I can zip it in the first place.

User uploaded file

With iMessages chats It seems I can send pic in line like the App and ichat before that used to do.

The Blue Send on this shows it is iMessages

User uploaded file

Whilst not showing my Side Bar I have shown other edges of the window.

Yours looks like it was a iChat window where the Background could be changed and has used the Tile Option but then the Edit has ruined the transparency and shown it as black.

See the last two items in this Menu pic http://www.ralphjohns.co.uk/iChatPicsFolder/2%20iChat%20menus/slides/4_iChat_Men u_View.html

There is no current option to change the white background on the chat window and certainly nothing that would tile it.

User uploaded file

9:54 pm Monday; May 2, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

May 2, 2016 2:43 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Thank you for your reply. It is from a picture sent using the ' Messages' App in OS X 10.9.5 while sending text to other persons cell phone numbers from Messages using my email address. Haven't seen anything like that before. Including another 'screen shot' with slightly more view to show the name Messages at the top of the app window bar. Thanks again.

User uploaded file

May 3, 2016 12:07 PM in response to desertdweller

Hi,

Now that does look most odd.

It appears that you have a version of Messages where outgoing items are clearly within the Blue bubble for an iMessages Send.

In My Pictures from above in El Capitan the Bubble for the picture does not seem to exist.

I have no idea why this may be happening which then means I have no suggestions.

You could try opening the Picture in different Apps.

For instance you can drag it to a Browser window and it will display in a tab there.

Presumably it open in Preview ?

I guess you might have another Graphics app as well.

Open Text Edit and see if you can insert it there.

The same could be tried in Pages and Keynote if you have Apple apps or Word and PowerPoint if you have Office.

User uploaded file

8:07 pm Tuesday; May 3, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone and an iPad (2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.