Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Sim Card Expired?

Apple Sim Card Expired?

This is the second iPad Air2 that the Apple Sim Card expired on as I am setting it up for a new user in our company. I was trying to setup an AT&T data plan and it appears to setup and then it changes to Sim Card Expired. Last week I had the same thing happen on another iPad I was setting up for an user. I had to take that one to an AT&T store to have them put in a new AT&T Sim card and set up a data plan that was more expensive than the plan I had tried to set up originally. What gives?

iPad Air, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 2, 2016 10:46 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2016 12:10 PM in response to jwfarris

Are you using the Apple SIM, or one from AT&T? If you are using the Apple SIM and activated with AT&T, then that SIM will lock to AT&T. If you are using an AT&T SIM, then in either case, they determine the programming of the SIM. From what I understand with my iPad SIM from AT&T, if it is not used for a specified period of time, then it does expire, or deactivate, or becomes blocked, whatever they want to call it. You need to work that out with AT&T.

Apple Sim Card Expired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.