Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All iCloud photos not uploading to iCloud Photo Library

I am having trouble figuring out why I have a different number of photos on my iPad Pro 9.7 and iPhone 6s, I hope someone can help!

I have iCloud Photo Library turned on with the "optimize iPad/iPhone storage" toggle set.

Under manage storage, I see there are 11,784 photos in iCloud.

My iPad reports 11,784 photos. Perfect!

My iPhone reports 11,816 photos (none of these numbers include videos, that number is correct everywhere).

I tried turning off iCloud Photo library on my iPhone, hard reset, turning it on, and waiting for the upload etc. to complete. There was no difference, so it's as if something on the iPhone does not upload to iCloud.

It's not Live Photos I don't think - tring to figure out what I have done a small amount of - I tried taking a Live Photo and it showed up in iCloud and on iPad, then I deleted it on the iPad and it deleted everywhere.

How can I diagnose the problem, if it is one? Or is there some type of photo I can take on an iPhone 6s tha won't upload to iCloud Photo Library?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 11:20 AM

4 replies

May 2, 2016 4:14 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks so much for the reply Eric, I didn't because of all the stuff that removes. I thought Might accomplish something similar by turning off iCloud Photo Library (which deleted all the iCloud photos, hard reset, then turning iCloud Photo Library back on.

I am going thru the photos comparing with iPad - there are some duplicate pictures not on the iPad. I wonder if there was a bug a while back that duplicated some photos?

May 3, 2016 3:44 AM in response to LACAllen

11,784 here too.

Yesterday I did some manual compares of the iPad and iPhone. There are lots of duplicates throughout. I have deleted most of them, and in the process some times there was a dupe on the iPhone not on the iPad. So at some point a duplicate was made and did not sync with iCloud. I think I have it squared away now through manually going through all the photos, I may do the export/import into Photos on my MBP to see if it catches any ore duplicates.

All iCloud photos not uploading to iCloud Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.