Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magicJack & OSX El Capitan

Have a MacBook Pro and have used a magicJack device for quite some time without any issues.

However, upon upgrading to OSX El Capitan the magicJack has been rendered useless.

Has anyone experienced anything like it?

And if so, have you found a solution to this problem?

Thanks very much,

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 2, 2016 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

May 10, 2016 4:06 PM in response to AlfJWv

Fix for Magicjack OS X El Capitan

Marlou: Hi, my name is Marlou. How may I help you? User uploaded file JH: Hi Marlou. I was wondering if there was an update yet for Magic Jack running on my Mac's OS X El Capitan? User uploaded file Marlou: Yes Jacklyn User uploaded file JH: Can you tell me how to do it? I tried unplugging my device and plugging it back in but it didn't do anything. User uploaded file Marlou: okay let me do it with you User uploaded file Marlou: please plug the device to your MAC User uploaded file Marlou: tell me once done User uploaded file JH: okay done User uploaded file Marlou: okay User uploaded file Marlou: Can you see the dial pad on your screen ? User uploaded file JH: no, it's trying to open but it won't, the icon is bouncing in the dock and a black square that says "magic jack" is on my screen right now User uploaded file Marlou: Okay User uploaded file Marlou: please follow this step User uploaded file JH: ok User uploaded file Marlou: Click Apple Icon > About this MAC > More Info If more info is not listed click System Report > USB then ask if ymax or USB Internet phone by tigerjet is listed then click ymax or USB Internet phone by tigerjet User uploaded file JH: okay I clicked USB Internet phone by tigerjet User uploaded file Marlou: Click Apple icon > “System Preferences” > “Security & Privacy” and click the “General” tab. Click the lock image at the bottom of the window to enable changes. Under “Allow apps downloaded from”, click the radio button beside “Anywhere”. User uploaded file JH: okay i did it User uploaded file Marlou: Give this one while the mj device is plugged in http:// upgrades.magicjack.com/mjupdate.dmg then download it. Three icons will appear ( mjsetup , mjupdate , instructions ). Double click mjupdate. User uploaded file JH: its downloading User uploaded file Marlou: Double click magicjacksetup for the magicjack dial pad to appear. User uploaded file JH: its updating User uploaded file Marlou: okay User uploaded file Marlou: tell me after User uploaded file JH: it says process completed and I have to unplug and plug it back in User uploaded file Marlou: okay please do User uploaded file JH: ok User uploaded file Marlou: Thanks User uploaded file JH: one second User uploaded file JH: upgrade in progress User uploaded file Marlou: Okay User uploaded file JH: I see a dial pad! woohooo! User uploaded file JH: Thank you very much, it is working. User uploaded file Marlou: PERFECT ! User uploaded file Marlou:
Your most welcome Is there anything else I may help you with today?
User uploaded file JH: No I think that's it. I'm so glad it finally works again. I've been using the app on my phone but it would never ring for incoming calls LOL Thanks again! Have a wonderful day. User uploaded file Marlou: Can I ask you a little favor before we end our chat ,
Please do the survey for ,me it takes 5* seconds to answer the survey. Just click the word "Click here to rate your Chat Experience"
Hoping for an "EXCELLENT" response.

magicJack & OSX El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.