Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 doesn't accept a new Sim card!

Hy everybody,

I'm in a foreign country and wanted to buy a new sim card from here. But it doesn't work. My iPhone says that there is a SIM error. So I wented to the store where I bought the Sim card, and they said to me that there is a sim lock. That's not possible. In my country I ever had a prepaid card. Why should it be Sim locked? So I phoned to my provider in my country. They said that they can't unlock it, I have to do it by myself on iTunes.

So I searched on Google. There are a lot of variants. One of them is to make a backup on my Mac, delet all and restart. But I haven't my Mac with me here.

PLease help me! I didn't found any solution and I need this new Sim here!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 2, 2016 12:17 PM

9 replies

Jun 24, 2017 6:33 AM in response to sathish69

sathish69 wrote:

i also have same problem to change number with new sim card,

What do you mean "change number"? If you have attempted to put a new SIM in the phone and it gives you the message that it is not supported, then the phone is not unlocked. The SIM you are trying to use is not for the carrier the device is locked to. Apple does not unlock phones, only the carrier the device is locked to can unlock a phone. You need to find out what carrier the device is locked to and see if they provide unlocking services and if you qualify. If you do not know the carrier, then a call to Apple will confirm it. Do not use websites as the information they provide is generally incorrect.

May 2, 2016 12:21 PM in response to Guhter

What is the exact text of the error message? Is that all it says is SIM error?

Where did you purchase the device? Did you purchase it new, or used? Are you sure when you purchased the phone that you purchased an unlocked phone?

Only the carrier the device is locked to can authorize an unlock, you cannot just "do it yourself via iTunes".

May 2, 2016 1:14 PM in response to Guhter

If you did not purchase this device directly from Apple, then there is a possibility that the device is locked to a carrier that is not the carrier you are trying to use the SIM card from. Have you ever used more than one different carrier SIM in the device before? Did you jailbreak the phone? Go to Settings>General>About, and provide the Model number of the device.

My iPhone 4 doesn't accept a new Sim card!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.