Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Problems

About 2 months ago, my cats spilled water on my iPod Touch 5g. Ever since then (and updating my iOS) I haven't been able to delete any apps. When I do they show up with no icon and (null) in the Manage Storage settings. They are hogging about 2-3 gb of storage and I have 0 bytes left now. I can't update to iOS 9.3.1 because of that and when I try deleting them from Manage Storage they show up a few seconds later. AND I've lost my Safari bookmarks twice now, that's 6 years worth of bookmarks gone. And now it has also linked Safari to a mac we have but it doesn't show up in the devices in iTunes. I don't know how to disconnect it from the mac and now since the (null) apps are corrupt, I can't backup my iPod. Please help

Sorry that I posted in the wrong section last time! 😕

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 11:32 AM

15 replies

May 2, 2016 12:15 PM in response to takochako987

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Next,

- Try another cable.

- Try on another computer

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

May 2, 2016 2:17 PM in response to lllaass

The computer sees and syncs with the iPod just fine. I don't think it has to do with any hardware problems because the apps have been doing this for a while, ever since I updated top iOS 9. I don't think the bookmarks would be going missing from a hardware problem either. The only hardware problem I know of is that it always thinks headphones are in, when they aren't. I think I just need to buy and replace the headphone jack though for that though.

May 3, 2016 8:42 AM in response to takochako987

Fist try restoring from iTunes backup: See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

When you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Last would be to restore to factory settings/new iPod

May 3, 2016 11:00 AM in response to takochako987

Yes, there is a temporary problem with this forum with some links not working

As already said, the backup includes app data.

An encrypted backup only allows restoring keychain items like mail account passwords when another device is restored from that backup.

No need for an encrypted backup for that purpose when the same device is restored.

May 3, 2016 12:24 PM in response to lllaass

I am restoring the iPod now, I'll let you know what happens as soon as it's done.

EDIT:

I said that I can't restore it because it doesn't have enough space... I removed all my photos to get 2.26 gigs free...

EDIT (again):

All of the null apps are gone and I can successfully delete apps now! Thank you soo much! But do you have any idea about what I can do about my bookmarks? Or are they gone forever...

EDIT: (last one):

Also iBooks is taking up half a gig of storage. I have no books... Is there any way to get the storage back?

Multiple Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.