Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Apple id and rescue Mail is a iCloud account that need Apple id to log in. Any way around this?

So,

My father forgot his Apple id password. Unfortunately, his rescue Mail is a iCloud account Mail that requires his Apple id to log in, so evidently he can not acess the Mail with the restore password steps. Any solutions?

By the way he tried the security questions and failed miserably 😐

Posted on May 2, 2016 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies

May 2, 2016 12:30 PM in response to ManSinha

Thanks but no use, I read those before posting here.

First article suggest to either use a rescue mail (which I explained cannot access since it asks for my Apple ID and that is the original problem) or to answer security questions that once again my dad fails to remember.

Second article suggest rescue mail again.... since that is no possible (as explained) that is why i was hoping for a genius out there with a nice suggestion.

Thanks anyway Mansinha

May 2, 2016 1:16 PM in response to Mena-t-work

But the last paragraph in:

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

says:

If you can't reset your security questions

If you can't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, call us for help. When you call, you might need to create a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

you will have to contact Apple Support:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

May 2, 2016 7:13 PM in response to Mena-t-work

It will take 2 trips through Apple Phone support for this.

One to reset his password to an alternate email address if needed. This will be delayed for 24 hours from the time you request this.

He will also need to verify his account without his security questions, which my be the deal breaker.

After his password is reset, you can call back and ask for the security questions to be reset. Separate call and you need to know your password for that step, or have a rescue email, which you don't.

May 2, 2016 11:13 PM in response to LACAllen

LACAllen wrote:

It will take 2 trips through Apple Phone support for this.

One to reset his password to an alternate email address if needed. This will be delayed for 24 hours from the time you request this.

He will also need to verify his account without his security questions, which my be the deal breaker.

After his password is reset, you can call back and ask for the security questions to be reset. Separate call and you need to know your password for that step, or have a rescue email, which you don't.

That is an interesting perspective - spooked by some reports about Apple email ID hijacking - I decided to reset my security questions and had to call Apple since I had set them a very long time ago - it took one call but they did request a PIN from the MBP and sent a code to the iPhone - since I was sitting at my desk - that was easily accomplished and the security questions were able to be reset. So in essence two factor authentication in a way.

Aug 27, 2016 9:23 AM in response to Mena-t-work

my phone was hacked i have not used it in months and still paying the bill.I went to apple and they were no help.I sent apple my receipts of my phone and they told me they would send my my apple id and password in ten days and still nothing,i would like to get my phone working so i could finally use it,but waiting for apple to send me my id and PW is miserable it is passed 10 days and nothing yet.

Aug 27, 2016 11:42 AM in response to ValerieLynn5

If you believe you are waiting for Apple to "send my my apple id and password in ten days"... there is a misunderstanding.

They will not be sending your Apple ID and password to you.

It sounds like you have requested Apple remove the activation lock on your device. They will send you a notice if and when this is done and you restore the phone to reactivate it.

Forgot Apple id and rescue Mail is a iCloud account that need Apple id to log in. Any way around this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.