Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have seen a thread regarding this...since updating to iOS 9.31 I can no longer connect to other devices via Bluetooth. Anyone found a solution yet?

I have seen a thread regarding this within the community ...since updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.31 I am unable to connect to other devices using Bluetooth? I have tried rebooting the phone but the fault remains the same. Anyone found an alternative solution yet?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 12:41 PM

5 replies

May 2, 2016 1:23 PM in response to razmee209

My iPhone is unable to find the devices I have tried to connect to. It is constantly searching for devices to pair when I have the Bluetooth on. My Lexus CT which is a 2016 registration sees my iPhone and tries to connect to it but is unable to. Before the update there was no problem with the connection. Yes I have turned the Bluetooth off and on and rebooted the phone. As far as I can see it is in pairing and discovery mode.

May 2, 2016 9:14 PM in response to MsPiggyK

Well, the only device that you admit to trying to pair is the vehicle. Putting the phone into paring/discovery mode is easy. You turn Bluetooth on, which opens it and you see the spinning wheel. That means it is ready. As far as the vehicle goes, have you tried troubleshooting it and putting it into pairing mode? Is the vehicle still listed in the phone's list of devices? Try forgetting the vehicle on the phone, and then powering the phone off/on. Also, remove the phone from the vehicle's list of devices and power that device off/on and check again. Most vehicles prompt for a code to be entered on the iPhone. Check for the Lexus and see if that is the case after doing this troubleshooting.

I have seen a thread regarding this...since updating to iOS 9.31 I can no longer connect to other devices via Bluetooth. Anyone found a solution yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.