Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 Probable issues?

Hi, bought an iPad Air 2 last September and until 2 weeks (would say) had not encountered any issues. Nevertheless, while I was surfing around, my iPad just blocked and went blackscreen. I managed to restart it, everything seemed fine. After all, from point to point ,saw some lagging while surfing a page,( was not smooth much, as usual) and while listening to music there started to be some weird sound (sort of rustling) while tapping the screen or clicking a bit harder the area around the speakers.(probably its because of the thinness of the device, however, never heard of it beforehand). There seems to be a bit of a burnt smell from the charging point. Probably, am getting a bit chaotic, but would you say there is an issue? ( I have the new iOS 9.3.1). The iPad is still in warranty. Thank you, Atanas.

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1, Air 2 Wifi

Posted on May 2, 2016 1:23 PM

7 replies

May 2, 2016 2:13 PM in response to atanasg

If still in warranty I would take it to an Apple Store for testing. The "burnt" smell does not sound good.

Nonetheless, have you tried a Forced Restart? Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will not lose anything.

May 2, 2016 2:21 PM in response to atanasg

A reset by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings IS NOT the same thing as a system restore. That reset leaves the old system in place. Please try my suggestion if you do not want to wait.

System Restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring from backup first and testing it. If it does not help, you may have to restore as New and reconfigure from scratch as the backup could be corrupted. For this reason it is important to have your photos and data saved separately from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

iPad Air 2 Probable issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.