Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone / Icloud Storage full but....

My phone is telling me my phone storage is full (and icloud)...

So I try and take the photos off but plugging into the PC as I normally do and removing them but is showing I only have 27 photos on there? Yet when I click on properties the phone usage is 15gb used.

I know when I view my photos on the phone I get a little circular clock symbol, like its only a low res image preview until it downloads.

Anyone help please. Just want to transfer my photos to my PC to free up the phones / icloud storage

Posted on May 2, 2016 1:33 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 1:41 PM in response to Lee Williams

From your description, I take it you are using iCloud Photo Library:

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

See the section:

How do I turn off iCloud Photo Library on just one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photo Library on a single device when you follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn off iCloud Photo Library.
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then deselect iCloud Photo Library.
  • On your Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud and under Photos press Select to turn off iCloud Photo Library.

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Then you can turn iCloud Photo Library off. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

Then you can transfer the photos to your PC using:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Iphone / Icloud Storage full but....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.