Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop my iPhone and my wife's iPhone from retaining each other's recent calls logs?

On my iphone and on my wife's iPhone you can find all of each other's recent call history.

This is new. Since the beginning of the iPhone we have had synced calendars and contacts, but never synced "recent call" logs.

How can we stop this from happening?

We are both using the latest iOS on our iPhone 5S's

Steve

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 2, 2016 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 2:04 PM

Are you both sharing the same Apple ID? If so one of you should get and use a different Apple ID. Apple IDs are not meant to be shared among different users.

You can then share apps etc. using Family Sharing.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/?cid=wwa-us-kwg-features

3 replies

May 2, 2016 2:10 PM in response to Ralph9430

You may be on to something. I have 2 Apple ID's. So does she. But one Apple ID is a shared Apple ID.

How do I know which Apple ID each of our phones is working under?

How might using the same Apple ID connect to which "Recent Calls" log you see? That would seem to be an ATT issue, not an "Apple" issue. And we most certainly have separate phone #'s.

But then what do I know?

Steve

How can I stop my iPhone and my wife's iPhone from retaining each other's recent calls logs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.