Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Uploads to Photo Stream after Saving Snapchat Movie

Since saving/downloading a Snapchat movie to my Camera Roll in iOS on April 21, 2016, the Photo Stream has stopped updating in macOS Photos App on my MBP.

- The Snapchat movie appears in my Camera Roll on the iPhone.

- The Snapchat movie does not appear in the My Photo Stream on the iPhone.

- The last photo to download into macOS Photos App is the last picture taken prior to saving the Snapchat movie to my Cameral Roll.

I've also noticed when I did an Import from my lighting connected iPhone to my iMac via the Photos App, the Snapchat movies won't download.

Unfortunately I see the Snapchat app automatically updated April 29, 2016 to version 9.29.3.0. Not sure which version it was at the time of the Snafu.

iOS 9.3.1 (13E238)

macOS 10.11.4 (15E65)

Posted on May 2, 2016 1:37 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2016 1:24 PM in response to Kristi Gerrior

Howdy Kristi,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see you're concerned about your My Photo Stream not uploading a video you saved from Snapchat. My Photo Stream does not upload videos, it will upload most photo formats however.

Which photo formats can I use with My Photo Stream?

My Photo Stream supports JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats. My Photo Stream doesn't work with video.

My Photo Stream FAQ

If you'd like to sync your videos taken or saved on a device to your other devices, then you will either need to sync them manually, or use iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ

Take care.

No Uploads to Photo Stream after Saving Snapchat Movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.