Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conference Room Mode - how to activate it?

I set up Conference Room Mode on my Apple TV…but how do I get the Apple TV go "go into" conference mode?

When I boot up the Apple TV for the first time, yes, it will go into conference mode. But the touch of any button takes it out, and there's seemingly no way to get it back to it, short of rebooting. (Even letting the Apple TV sit for a few minutes just takes it into screensaver mode, not conference room mode.)

Any ideas?

AppleTV 2, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 2:55 PM

Sounds like you want the lock.

You can use Apple TV as a conference room display so that anyone can easily share their screen from a Mac or iOS device using AirPlay. When Conference Room Display is turned on, a message appears on the display with AirPlay connection instructions and wireless network details.

Enable Conference Room Display. On Apple TV, in Settings, go to AirPlay > Conference Room Display.

Create a custom message. In AirPlay settings, go to Conference Room Display > Custom Message, then enter your message. Your message appears only when Apple TV is in Conference Room Display mode.

Choose a background. In AirPlay settings, go to Conference Room Display > Choose Photo, then choose one of the photo-based background types. If you choose My Photos, the Photos app opens.

Preview Conference Room Display mode. In AirPlay settings, go to Conference Room Display > Preview.

Lock Conference Room Display mode. You can set Apple TV so that it’s locked in Conference Room Display mode until a 4-digit passcode is entered. In Settings, go to General > Restrictions, and enter the passcode if required. Then make sure Conference Room Display is set to Restrict in the list of restricted items.

Note: You use the same 4-digit passcode you set in Restrictions to unlock Conference Room Display mode. If you forget the passcode, disconnect Apple TV from the power outlet, reconnect it, then press and hold the button as it restarts. This will unlock Conference Room Display mode temporarily.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2016 2:55 PM in response to GregM

Sounds like you want the lock.

You can use Apple TV as a conference room display so that anyone can easily share their screen from a Mac or iOS device using AirPlay. When Conference Room Display is turned on, a message appears on the display with AirPlay connection instructions and wireless network details.

Enable Conference Room Display. On Apple TV, in Settings, go to AirPlay > Conference Room Display.

Create a custom message. In AirPlay settings, go to Conference Room Display > Custom Message, then enter your message. Your message appears only when Apple TV is in Conference Room Display mode.

Choose a background. In AirPlay settings, go to Conference Room Display > Choose Photo, then choose one of the photo-based background types. If you choose My Photos, the Photos app opens.

Preview Conference Room Display mode. In AirPlay settings, go to Conference Room Display > Preview.

Lock Conference Room Display mode. You can set Apple TV so that it’s locked in Conference Room Display mode until a 4-digit passcode is entered. In Settings, go to General > Restrictions, and enter the passcode if required. Then make sure Conference Room Display is set to Restrict in the list of restricted items.

Note: You use the same 4-digit passcode you set in Restrictions to unlock Conference Room Display mode. If you forget the passcode, disconnect Apple TV from the power outlet, reconnect it, then press and hold the button as it restarts. This will unlock Conference Room Display mode temporarily.

May 2, 2016 2:48 PM in response to Vinceassociate

> Sounds like you want the lock.

To be honest, that's not actually what I want. I don't see why I have to *lock* people out of the main menu of the device. I just want it to jump into Conference Room Mode when it's been sitting idle, or if I tap Menu when I'm on the main Menu. Locking people out with a secret 4-digit code will probably drive them crazy, on the off-chance they need to get to the menu.

But if that's the way it has to be done, maybe that's okay. Thanks.

Conference Room Mode - how to activate it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.