Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to run while holding my iPod Touch?

I enjoy listening to music on my iPod touch while I run distance. It has a case to protect it from sweat, and I hold it in my hand while I run. Is this safe for the iPod? I run with a relatively smooth stride, but I am concerned that the repetitive motion of the arm swing could possibly cause internal damage. I haven't found any posts declaring issues due to running, but I figured I'd ask for myself to know for sure. Should I be worrying about this?

iPod touch, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 3:42 PM

2 replies

May 2, 2016 6:12 PM in response to Obsidian Zero

I would think the biggest danger wouldn't be running with it, rather the risk of dropping it.

They have armband cases for iPhones, the iPod will fit in that. You can get universal ones for a very affordable price.

Can I promise you that it won't hurt your ipod? No. but I can't say that it will either. If you're worried, get a case to help or one of those belts to tuck it into.

Is it safe to run while holding my iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.