Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Photos

Also on new macbook air, Snow Leopard: I've been going CRAZY trying to figure out how to download (upload) photos. I googled my question, and was told to go to iTunes. My photos were imported, but i cannot find where they're supposed to be...(Weird that I have to go to iTunes to find photos!). Going from my macbook pro seemed pretty straightforward. This seems round-about and CRAZY. I want to be able to edit them in my Picassa app, but can't find them to import to my app. I'd like to open my sd card, but cannot find THAT to import into the app, anywhere, where it was pretty easy on the macbook pro. I'm sure it's just a learning curve, and will probly be straightforward at some point, but I can't figure it out, and I would like my photos to be easily accessible.

iPad Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:20 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 6:46 PM in response to foreignroots

iTunes can be used to sync photos from a Mac to an iPhone but it is not used to copy photos the other direction -- from the iPhone to a Mac. The following has instructions (in the "Import to your Mac section) on how to import photos from an iPhone into the Photos app. Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you don't want the photos to go into Photos, another alternative is to use Image Capture -- you can find that in Launchpad or you can open Spotlight Search (via command spacebar or via magnifying glass icon near right end of menu bar) and type image capture to find and open it.

Importing Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.