Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Predictive text is not working. Help.

the predictive text is not working 😠User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:58 PM

I've got the same issue. It was happening when I was running iOS 9.2.1 too. I upgraded last night to iOS 9.3.1 and still have the same problem.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

As shown above, it is enabled in my settings, but still cannot get it working.

I also tried turning it off, powering off iPad Mini, then powering it back on, and turning on the Predictive Text.

Still the same.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 12:58 PM in response to Rysz

I've got the same issue. It was happening when I was running iOS 9.2.1 too. I upgraded last night to iOS 9.3.1 and still have the same problem.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

As shown above, it is enabled in my settings, but still cannot get it working.

I also tried turning it off, powering off iPad Mini, then powering it back on, and turning on the Predictive Text.

Still the same.

Feb 1, 2017 12:48 PM in response to Rysz

Hi, actually, that's incorrect. (If any impatience comes through in my post, it is not you, but at Apple. I respect all here whom are trying to help. I just replied to you so that I could show you the whole problem.)

This is somehow an entirely different issue. Mine is doing the same thing. As you can see, Predictive is on in Settings:

User uploaded file

There is no bar to open the predictive suggestions at the top of the keyboard;

User uploaded file

And the Predictive toggle is grayed out.

User uploaded file

I have done a hard reset. I have turned Predictive on and off in settings, I have removed the keyboards, hard reset and put them back. In fact, I have followed every piece of advice given on these boards and others, including reset all settings and restored my iphone, and the only thing that happened is the issue got worse. It went from Predictive being off only in Safari, to being off in Safari and email. Right now it only works in texting -- but I expect that to go at any moment.

This is a relatively small issue, as issues go, but I swear, Apple is getting worse all the time. They should consider changing their name to Microsoft.

Sep 21, 2016 9:37 PM in response to missnothing1039

I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 10 and having the same problem .

I have predictive enabled in keyboard settings but my on my actual keyboard it is greyed out.

what I have found is that predictive only appears on certain websites and search fields and not all the time which is weird.

it is working here on this site as I type but on google when I switch to it as I type in a new tab is not showing up now...

same results for the the YouTube app

i have tried disabling and reenabling both predictive and shortcuts but i get the same results.

i have also tried rebooting my iPad by holding home and power button but I get the same results.

is this a bug or does it just work for every app you use the keyboard?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Predictive text is not working. Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.