Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i restore my iPhone will it delete the sim card data?

If i restore my iPhone will it delete my sim card data?

Just after i made a new password for my iPhone 5S(16GB), it has the latest IOS 9. I kept using my touch ID but my thumb failed to unlock my phone a number of times so it disabled it so i needed to use my password to go on my iPhone and to enable the touch ID but i forgot what i made my password... so i may need to restore my iPhone but i don't want it to delete my sim card data.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:20 PM

No. All the iPhone stores on the SIM card is carrier data.

5 replies

May 2, 2016 4:18 PM in response to didyouknowimliam

didyouknowimliam wrote:

Just after i made a new password for my iPhone 5S(16GB), it has the latest IOS 9. I kept using my touch ID but my thumb failed to unlock my phone a number of times so it disabled it so i needed to use my password to go on my iPhone and to enable the touch ID but i forgot what i made my password... so i may need to restore my iPhone but i don't want it to delete my sim card data.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

There is no data on the sim card

if i restore my iPhone will it delete the sim card data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.