Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPU Panic El Capitan/Yosemite

Hello friends, I have this problem since migrating from Snow Leopard to Yosemite again made a new migration to El Capitan to tackle unfortunately not solved.
If the problem under you is the logic board, so that the version of SnowLeopard not happen this problem.
The cause could not be the software that switches the video card?
Or Apple does not want to admit flaws in software that makes the rotation of the videos?
In my thinking, when the exchange spaces happens defect, or when I just close the lid, leaving it at rest and I will open it, then immediately restarts it.
I use gfxCardStatus v2.3 when I leave in integrated mode, can I use for several days, usually without displaying the default if you use the discrete mode, the failure is still going on, if you use the automatic mode, can not use the macbook..
follows the macbook configuration:

Nome do Modelo: MacBook Pro

Identificador do Modelo: MacBookPro6,2

Nome do Processador: Intel Core i7

Velocidade do Processador: 2,66 GHz

Memória: 8 GB

Velocidade de Conexão do Processador: 4,8 GT/s

Versão da ROM de Inicialização: MBP61.0057.B11

Versão do SMC (sistema): 1.58f17

Versão do Sistema: OS X 10.11.4 (15E65)

Is error:

panic(cpu 3 caller 0xffffff7f950aebd5): "GPU Panic: [<None>] 3 3 7f 0 0 0 0 3 : NVRM[0/1:0:0]: Read Error 0x00000100: CFG 0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0xffffffff, BAR0 0xd2000000 0xffffff912f4d5000 0x0a5480a2, D0, P3/4\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGraphicsControl/AppleGraphic sControl-3.12.6/src/AppleMuxControl/kext/GPUPanic.cpp:127

Thanks for any help, criticism or suggestion
Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 4:40 PM

6 replies

May 3, 2016 5:22 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

[CLOSED]

That's logical, if I buy a defective plate!I was searching and found a company that does the repair, ie they only exchange the chipset nvidia, they have special equipment for this, ever heard of something like that? The description and the video demo I saw, this is possible, but the company and located in China, so I'm still not confident.

To end the topic, let's make it clear to all who search for the same defect board logic, not be solved only with software, gfxCard is a great idea to break the branch, but an hour your board should be replaced or changed the chipset nvidia as above said.Current status macbook:Working with gfxCardStatus Version 2.3;In the system preferences / Power Saver / automatic exchange of video is turned off;The start of this standard system after the start, I first set the configuration of gfxcard toolbar as "Only integrated."I am using more than one year with the default, and a little frustrating due to a MacBook, here in Brazil we have not enough support for Apple devices, a shame in the case of a firm that level, as the cost and appropriately high.Thank you for your help! I'm very grateful...

GPU Panic El Capitan/Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.