Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone with safari will not allow me to visit to google.com but it can go to google.ca, google.whatever?

I am running a 6S but the model has nothing to do with the problem I suspect. So if I select my favorite "google.com" my phone attempts to go to getconnected.southwest.com but I am not on an airplane or even near an airport. I have cleared the DNS cache as well. Yes I flew on Southwest a few days ago and did use their WIFI. it is like it has a hosts file and google.com is aliased to getconnected.southwest.com..any ideas or suggestions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:13 PM

5 replies

May 2, 2016 5:16 PM in response to salmonator59

If you type google.com directly in the search box - does it work?

Then perhaps the easiest step would be to delete the favorite and make a new one

As you surmised the original favorite may somehow have been corrupted

Years ago - in my travel phase - I had to volitionally search for "yahoo.com" to be able to access the get connected page

For some reason - google.com always shows up as an https:// page

May 2, 2016 5:59 PM in response to salmonator59

Try resetting Safari. Close Safari completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by scrawling to the left. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then try Google.com again and see if it works.

My iphone with safari will not allow me to visit to google.com but it can go to google.ca, google.whatever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.