Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad mini wont turn on?!

I have an Ipad mini that was on ios 7. The screen turned black and won't turn on, I tried holding both the buttons together, which connects it to iTunes, but does not turn on. It did show a battery sign a couple times but doesn't do that either now. Occasionally the apple logo comes for 2 seconds then disappears and the screen is still black. If i hold the home button, Siri responds saying there is no connection available.

Ive been able to connect it to iTunes and update the software to 9.1. Still doesn't turn on.

I've tried plugging it into the wall for many hours, still doesn't turn on.

I've tried putting it in recovery mode, but it doesn't do that either.

I don't want to restore it because i haven't backed it up and it doesn't give me the option to.

I do not know what to do, If there are any suggestions as to how to fix this please help me i would really appreciate it!!!

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1

Posted on May 2, 2016 6:44 PM

2 replies

May 2, 2016 8:21 PM in response to modular747

Ok so there was an option in itunes to update software. This ipad was still on ios 7 as i didnt have storage to upgrade. It took half an hour and it said it was done updating. I must've made a mistake it wasn't recovery mode i was trying to do but someone said to hold both buttons and let go of home button while connected to computer.

Ipad mini wont turn on?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.