Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard deletes and jumps to wrong places of text

Hi guys,

I don't even know how to really explain thisproblem buthere goes:

My keyboard deletes the text I'm writingatthe wrong place when I press the delete button. For example, if I am just trying to erase the last letter of the last word I was on, andipress the delete button, it'll jump to say,the first word of the paragraph and delete the first letter. And if I press command +z, it'll sometimes erase the entire paragraph I was working on.

I checked my keyboard under system preferences and it looks okay, and I'm not on macbook so theres no trackpad that can mess up my typing. And it's not a wireless keyboard either. It's the standard applekeyboard that came with the computer.

But here's the craziest part, I think it only acts that way when I'm on Facebook. WTH???

I'm running elcapitan,

vs.10.11.4

Please help!!!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:29 PM

1 reply

Keyboard deletes and jumps to wrong places of text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.