Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod was stolen. I purchased a new one. I see my music in iTunes, but cannot get it to sync to my new iPod.

My iPod was recently stolen, I purchased a new iPod. I can see my music when in iTunes, but cannot sync the music to my new iPod.

iPod nano

Posted on May 2, 2016 6:47 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 7:15 PM in response to beessential

The default setting is to use Manually manage music and videos. If you want to use automatic syncing, you need to set it to Sync Music. Select the iPod in iTunes (click its device button on horizontal bar) to show its settings screen in iTunes window. Along the left side (in the sidebar), under Settings, click Music. To the right, the iPod's Music settings screen is shown.

NOTE: For anyone else reading this, any songs on the iPod that are not in your iTunes library will be lost.

Checkmark the box for Sync Music. This turns ON automatic syncing. If your iTunes music library can fit on your iPod, you can use the option to sync Entire music library. Otherwise, choose the option to sync Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres; then make your selections from the lists below. For example, you can create and maintain (one or more) playlists in your iTunes library with songs you want on the iPod. Back on the iPod's Music settings screen, under Playlists, select (checkmark) those playlists.

Click Apply to sync your music library (or selected portion of it) to the iPod. Going forward, iTunes automatically keeps your iPod "in sync" with changes to your music library (or selected portion of it), when you connect the iPod (or click Sync if already connected).

If that's not the reason for your new iPod not syncing with your iTunes library, please post back.

My iPod was stolen. I purchased a new one. I see my music in iTunes, but cannot get it to sync to my new iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.