Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Neither of my apple id's will be accepted, can't update built in apps

Hello!

I'm trying to update my built in apps, like pages, iMovie, photos, etc. and unfortunately neither of my apple id's are working.

Every time I try to update them a notification comes up and says

"These apps cannot be accepted by your Apple ID. These apps were already assigned to another Apple ID, and they will be available in that Apple ID's Purchases list. If you don't have access to that Apple ID and want to receive future updates, you will need to purchase the applications."

Followed by:

"Update Unavailable with This Apple ID. This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

Then:

"We could not complete your request. There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later (null)"

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:48 PM

5 replies

May 2, 2016 5:54 PM in response to L_Cain

Those are not built in apps. They do not come with OS X. They are paid apps from the former iLife and iWork app suits that have come free in recent years to the original purchaser of a new Mac.

Is this a 2nd hand/used Mac?

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 beta 3;  Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.3.2 beta 3;  Apple Airport Express

May 2, 2016 9:12 PM in response to L_Cain

Then technically it's used and they had to use an Apple ID to set it up as a floor model. That Apple ID claimed those free apps. At this point you will need to take it up with Best Buy. Or you can try to approach Apple with proof of purchase and perhaps Apple will send you redemption codes which will allow you to download the apps.

Neither of my apple id's will be accepted, can't update built in apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.