Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1st generation shuffle not recognized by windows 7

I have an iPod shuffle 1st generation, so it's pretty old. I used to have a windows 8 laptop but it was not working out with me so I went back to windows 7 and re downloaded it but when I plug my shuffle in, nothing shows up, or if something does, it says and error occurred. I have had this iPod forever and am getting tire of listening to Hannah Montana and High School Musical every time i use it and would love if I could change the content, but that does not seem probable. My iPod Classic, Nano, and Touch all connect fine, but have other issues of their own.

I tunes Account balance

Posted on May 2, 2016 5:41 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2016 7:00 PM in response to moniqueklinger

My 1st gen (white plastic) iPod shuffle still works fine with the latest iTunes.

Since your other Apple devices connect, assume your iTunes installation is fine for now... In case it matters, what are the "other issues of their own"; are any related to connecting and syncing your other devices?

When you connect the shuffle without iTunes running, does it appear in Windows as a USB storage device?

Also, watch the shuffle's light (the one on the front side) when you connect it to your computer. Does it come ON and blink? Does it come ON solid (not blinking)? Does it not come ON at all?

1st generation shuffle not recognized by windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.